|Academic Education |
|1994-2001 ||Studies at University of Würzburg, Medical School; State Exam, Approbation |
|Advanced Professional Degrees |
|2008 ||Habilitation „Medical Microbiology“ |
|2006 ||Medical Specialist Recognition (Facharzt) Microbiology, Virology and Infection Epidemiology |
|2002 ||Doctoral Thesis Dr. med. (summa cum laude) |
|Positions held |
|Since 2021 ||Head of Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology, Univ. of Würzburg |
|Since 2017 ||Professor and Chair “Medical Microbiology and Mycology”, Univ. of Würzburg |
|Since 2017 ||Affiliated Researcher and Research Group Leader, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans-Knoell-Institute (HKI), Jena |
|2009-2016 ||Professor for Fungal Septomics, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, HKI, Jena |
|2001-2009 ||M.D. / Lecturer, Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology, Univ. of Würzburg |
|Professional Activities |
|Since 2018 ||Member and Vice Speaker, Executive Board, Center for Infectious Diseases Research, Würzburg, Germany |
|Since 2015 ||National Delegate, Antifungal Susceptibility Testing Subcommittee, EUCAST |
|Since 2014 ||Head, German National Reference Center for Invasive Fungal Infections (NRZMyk) |
|Since 2013 ||Scientific Administrator, InfectControl 2020 |
|Since 2012 ||Editor-in-Chief, Medical Mycology Case Reports, Member (ex officio) executive board International Society for Human & Animal Mycology (ISHAM) |
|Since 2011 ||Elected Secretary of the Deutschsprachige Mykologische Gesellschaft (DMykG) |
|2014-2016 ||Speaker, Septomics Research Center, Jena |
|2013-2015 ||Member, Executive Board, Center for Sepsis Control and Care, Jena |
|Stipends and Awards |
|2008 ||Career Award, German Society for Hygiene and Microbiology |
|2002 ||Becton-Dickinson Dissertation Awards of the German Society for Hygiene and Microbiology |
|Selected Publications |
- Geißel B et al. (2018) Azole-induced cell wall carbohydrate patches kill Aspergillus fumigatus. Nat Commun 9: 3098.
- Cunha C et al. (2017) IL-10 overexpression predisposes to invasive aspergillosis by suppressing antifungal immunity. J Allergy Clin Immunol 140: 867-870.
- Moyes DL et al. (2016) Candidalysin is a fungal peptide toxin critical for muco-sal infection. Nature 532: 64-68.
- Linde J et al. (2015) Defining the transcriptomic landscape of Candida glabrata by RNA-Seq. Nucleic Acids Res 43: 1392-1406.
- Cunha C et al. (2014) Genetic PTX3 deficiency and aspergillosis in stem-cell transplantation.N Engl J Med 370: 421-432.